What TAEF Does
TAEF 2019 Granting
The Granting Committee of the Thornapple Area Enrichment Foundation (TAEF) recently met and discussed the potential impact of twenty-three (23) grant requests from TK staff and our Middleville community. After lengthy deliberation, the Committee recommended to the TAEF Board of Directors, the approval of grants totaling nearly $13,000. These grant dollars will:
- provide funding for transporting students to learning opportunities away from the classroom
- Provide Lego robotics equipment at Page
- Provide Flexible seating at Lee and Page Elementary schools
- Provide an adjustable group study table for Lee Elementary
- Provide Adaptive P.E. equipment for students with special needs at TKHS
- Provide TKMS Media Center upgrades
- Support MTSS Celebration of positive behaviors at TKMS
- Support Glow Day learning opportunity at Page Elem.
- Provide elementary musical instruments
- Support Business Professional of America at TKHS
- Provide exercise balls at TKHS
- Support community-based instruction opportunities for moderate cognitive impaired students throughout the TK system
- Provide a language translator for teacher/student communication
- Provide signage for the Odyssey of the Mind trailer
- Support for Junior Achievement activities for TK elementary students
- Support for TKHS annual Service Day
- Support for a mobile Star Lab to visit the TKMS
In addition to the $13,000 for TK, the Grant Committee also recommended sponsoring the My Middleville DDA (Downtown Development Authority) summer of 2020 family outdoor movie night program in the amount of $4,700. The TAEF Board unanimously approved the Grant Committee’s recommendations and forwarded that decision to their fund holder, the Barry Community Foundation (BCF).
On Thursday, October 17, the BCF Board gave the final stamp of approval for the grants recommended by the TAEF Board. If you would like to join the hundreds of other community members that support the TAEF, please visit their website at: www.thornapplefoundation.org and click on “How to Give”.